Now to make this a health-related post, I will add a few tips about grooming since I've seen patients with significant folliculitis (infected hair follicles "down there" that are red and painful) after their grooming regimen:
- Use a new razor with clean, sharp blades.
- Consider using a pre-shave to soften the hair and protect the skin
- Use plenty of cream/gel (I suggest a good hypoallergenic gel - at least for my face)
- Use plenty of clean warm/hot water and rinse razor frequently
- Use a good aftershave lotion/balm
If you are into genital grooming/shaving, you probably want to avoid using a traditional men's shaving cream and aftershave lotion. There are many products out there made specifically for this sensitive area. This goes for men too. I've seen plenty of infections after guys have used their face razor in the genital region (hopefully not before or after using it on their face - at least I haven't had anyone admit that to me yet!)
Of course there are other options such as laser hair removal and the ever so popular Brazilian wax. Whatever you choose (or choose not to partake in grooming) be sure that take the necessary steps to avoid infection/irritation. Happy mowing.........