Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow Day

On my snowy commute into work this morning for what seemed like 100th snow-laden car ride of this winter, I chuckled when the radio newscaster urged people to stay home. As a healthcare professional, we rarely see a "snow day." Hospitals and clinics don't close.

So to all of my healthcare, EMS, police and fire (and anyone else needing to get to work) colleagues: Please stay safe out there when Mother Nature throws this nasty weather our way. Some people must get to work whatever the circumstances are.

3 comments:

Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

Transportation industry does not take a snow day; the longshoremen and waste management folks... they work every day regardless. Miners cannot even see the weather and power line workers excel in times of duress.

I enjoy your blog, NP. Thank you for sharing.

Stav said...

The heath professionals and the Visiting Nurse Service of New York certainly don't take snow days!

Una said...

This is very true... I am always amazed at how our patients find there way to the clinic on snowy days! They are my inspiration on those challenging commutes.

Great Site!