Friday, May 13, 2011

DNP Series: Published!

The systematic review that my colleagues and I have been working on (for what seems like forever!) was finally published in the Joanna Briggs Library of Systematic Reviews!

It is very gratifying to have an official peer-reviewed publication under my belt. The title of our Review is, "The effectiveness of group medical visits on diabetes mellitus type 2 (dm2) specific outcomes in adults: A systematic review."

The work that we studied on group medical visits (GMV) is truly interesting and can serve as a viable model to aide in type 2 diabetes management.

Graduation is just over a week away and we just have one more presentation standing in our way. I will be posting some of my reflections on the program and on the DNP in the weeks to come. For now, I will enjoy this moment!

3 comments:

NP Odyssey said...

Congratulations on publishing a peer reviewed article. I will read it and maybe in the near future I will be citing it in grad school.

Seneca said...

How did you decided on the Joanna Briggs Institute Method?

I'm working on my DNP (expected completion end of 2013) and am considering a systematic review as my capstone project. I'm somewhat familiar with Cochrane but I'm curious what led you to JBI.

Stephen Ferrara, DNP, RN, NP said...

My program actually decided on the Joanna Briggs Institute method as there was an affiliation with one of JBIs regional centers. We could've also submitted to Cochrane but that would've taken more time as the requirements differ somewhat (but we actually used Cochrane's RevMan for our data analysis).

Good luck!

Stephen